Why do some publishers still sell advertising the old way with print-frequency rate card discounts? As modern media companies, we sell print, web, email, events, data and more. But one look at most magazine media kits and it’s obvious we’re still stuck in a print-only mentality that only rewards advertisers when they increase their frequency in print.
Our goal isn’t to sell more print. Our goal is to get advertisers to spend more money with us regardless of which media they choose. So let’s stop perpetuating a sales model that no longer works, abandon the old print rate-card frequency model, and instead reward advertisers based on their total spend.
In this session of High Value Publishing, Eric shows you:
- How to switch from a frequency rate card to a total spend discounting model.
- How total spend discounting benefits you and your advertisers.
- How it grows your revenue and increases yield.
- How it helps prevent “value add” of digital for print.
- How to set up and manage a total spend discounting model for your publication.