When it comes to SEO for publishers, most of us still have a lot of room for improvement.
Sure, we have some big advantages over other types of companies. We have a TON of content that often ranks well for unique search terms. And we get a lot of traffic and inbound links organically because we regularly create good content for our market niche.
But very few publishers take a methodical approach to search engine optimization. SEO is about building your publication’s authority and trust in the eyes of your readers and Google. There are, of course, technical items that need to be covered. But there are also on-page optimization tactics by your editorial / production staff, as well as link building and management strategies.
This session gives you the structure of a good SEO strategy for any kind of publication. Make sure to watch this before yet another marketing firm approaches you with an “SEO audit” and tells you how they can improve your search ranking. 🙂
Topics covered in this SEO for publishers session
- The importance of EAT (expertise, authority and trust) to Google.
- How to improve the EAT of your publication.
- Technical SEO items that publishers should check.
- The importance of Core Web Vitals.
- How editorial and production staff can improve the SEO of content.
- How inbound and outbound links improve SEO.
- What toxic links are and how to manage them.
- The importance of Google News and Google Discover.